“Now you are no longer strangers to God and foreigners to heaven, but you are members of God’s very own family….and you belong in God’s household with every other Christian.”
Ephesians 2:19 (NIV)
Becoming a Covenant Partner (Member)
Membership at FPC is a statement of vision and faith that the work of Jesus Christ through the local church is the hope of the world. FPC membership is an intentional commitment that links a fellow Christian to a wider community of believers committed to giving their best to God and to each other. FPC membership facilitates a point of connection for learning and interacting with other Christians.
At FPC, we have found that when people understand the meaning and value of being a Covenant Partner, they get excited about it. There are numerous benefits to membership:
• It identifies me as a genuine believer in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior (Ephesians 2:19, Romans 12:5)
• It provides a spiritual family to support and encourage me in my walk with Christ. (Galatians 6:1-2, Hebrews 10:24-25)
• It gives me a place to discover and use my gifts in ministry. (I Cor. 12:4-27)
• It places me under the spiritual protection of godly leaders. (Hebrews 13:17, Acts 20:28-29)
• It gives me the accountability I need to grow. (Ephesians 5:21)
Being part of the church family also provides the following benefits that cannot be found anywhere else in the world:
• Worship helps me focus on God. It prepares me spiritually and emotionally for the week ahead.
• Fellowship helps me face life’s problems by providing the support and encouragement of other Christians.
• Discipleship helps me fortify my faith by learning the truth of God’s Word and applying biblical principles to my lifestyle.
• Ministry helps me find and develop my talents and use them in serving others.
• Missions and Evangelism help me fulfill my purpose of reaching my friends and family for Christ.
Ways to Join FPC:
There are three ways to declare your membership at FPC. Regardless of how you wish to join, you are encouraged to attend our New Member Class, held once in the spring and once in the fall, to learn about what we believe biblically and theologically, the workings of FPC, the ECO denomination, and how you will fit in to God’s family.
• Public profession of faith—made after careful examination by the session in the meaning and responsibilities of membership; if not already baptized, the person making profession of faith shall be baptized
• Reaffirmation of faith—for persons previously baptized in the name of the triune God and having previously publicly professed their faith
• Certificate of transfer—when a person is a member of another Christian church at the time of transfer
FPC Haines City is made up of sinful people who have trusted Jesus to be their Savior and have experienced God’s forgiveness. We are growing to know God and are seeking to follow Him together. We would be pleased to have you to join us in this journey of faith so that we may encourage one another.